Later on, I was hired by Kimberly-Clark Brasil to join the branding and marketing team in charge of local leading brand of children nappies. This experience provided me with in-depth skills on consumer branding, marketing and merchandising.
In the early 2000s, I decided to use my skills to change the direction of my career and trained as a professional linguist and copywriter. Since then, as a Brazilian Copywriter, I have been writing copy and creating materials in Brazilian Portuguese and British English for internal and external communications.
Writing creatively is one of my passions. I have managed to promote brands successfully in Brazil and in the UK. Currently, I work as a freelance copywriter and transcreator for different clients and brands.
Between 2001 and 2004, I worked as a freelance editor for the HSBC Premier Magazine (Brazilian edition), published quarterly by CONDÉ NAST UK. My role included editing and writing articles, as well as commissioning stories for the magazine.
My other current and past freelance projects include:
- Brazilian Copywriter for the new Netflix Brasil, launched in November 2013;
- Brand Analyst (pharmaceutical, chemical industry and consumables) for Olgivy & Mather UK;
- Brazilian Copywriter for Burberry, writing and transcreating copy for social media, e-commerce and marketing materials since 2013;
- Between 2013 and 2014, I translated and wrote articles for Exceptional magazine in Brazilian Portuguese, published by Wardour London for EY Brazil;
- Freelance Brazilian Copywriter and Translator for Usborne Publishing since 2011. I have written website content, catalogues, created names for series, books, as well as translated selected books and apps; and
- Created or adapted copy for the following brands: Sony Bravia, Splenda, Land Rover, Disney, Dell Computers, GlaxoSmithKline, HSBC and others.